Thursday, June 19, 2008

English-speaking-visitors

I've seen on my counter that I have a few English-speaking-visitors. Among them my dearst of the dearest friends, Trisha! *love you*

Maybe an update then on Ben. He is now 2 years old, weighs nearly 11 kilos, 85 centimetres long. Talks all day long, has energy to last a lifetime and he is a very social boy. Loves to meet new people, charms everyone he meets, has the most beautiful eyes and the biggest smile.

He goes to daycare normally. But right now he and Roger are on summer vacation (I work one more week...). Ben loves daycare and would like to go there even on the weekends if we let him.

He has been ill quite a lot this past year since he started going to daycare. He has had one cold after the other, ear infections and pneumonia. Now we hope to have a break from that over the summer...

His favorite toys right now is cars and things to use outdoors. And he loves to clean!!!! When he turned two he got a cleaning kit from granddad and he runs around at home with his cleaning things and smiles.

I decided to clean the kitchen from top to bottom last Friday (Roger was at a party at work). Ben was overjoyed when he saw me starting to clean.... I didn't share his joy but knew it was necessary.

What about me then? I'm still waiting for my operation. There has been a strike among the nurses here in Sweden so all operations have been delayed. Boring! Not that I want to have an operation but I know it will make me feel a lot better (hopefully).

I had an DNA-test done yesterday to determine exactly which form of muscular dystrophy I have got. A test a asked myself to be done, to be able to search for new methods and possible cures/reliefs.

Roger, well, as I said. He is on summer vacation now. Well needed for him I think. I hope Ben will learn to sleep late in the mornings this summer too... We all need some extra sleep.

That was a short summary of our life right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for the update!!! I love looking at the photos of Ben and seeing how big he is getting! He was just a baby last time I held him in my arms. Great blog Hanna xxxx